Saturday, June 23, 2012

Project #12: A Book Trailer

The Hunger Games Book Trailer

I found it hard to do a book trailer for high school students and have pictures that would capture their attention, so I used pictures from our nation's capital, the ruins of a burned building in D.C., pictures from the first movie of the trilogy and pictures that were distributed from a Hunger Games fan site.

Please excuse the wrong name that I gave myself in the opening credits. I was Mrs. Watts until my recent divorce and that is apparent in the final credits (where I give myself my rightful name). It was already uploaded to YouTube when it was noticed.

4 comments:

  1. More importantly, this is an excellent book trailer and I'm fairly certain my love for The Hunger Games is not making me bias toward the quality of the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was so obsessed with finding a book that appealed to secondary students - I just don't have the whole elementary teacher mentality. I wish I did sometimes, but my dryness and sarcasm usually helps me more than it hurts me. I just have a hard time creating assignments for kids I don't know how to teach. It was a toss-up between a more current book and the Diary of Anne Frank. I figured that this would be more fun for me, and I did my Prezi on a topic related to WWII. I also love this book, but I got so far ahead in all the other books that have become sensationalized (I thought Fifty Shades of Grey, my current read, too much for a middle school/high school book trailer). I'll start Catching Fire closer to the movie's release. Nobody tell me what happens!!!! I really think this book would be great in a History, English, Political Science, or Government class. It has so many issues and concepts that could be discussed in a classroom. I also thought they did a wonderful job keeping the movie so similar to the book. I think Jennifer Lawrence was an awesome Katniss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Exceptional. As Jacey Blair said!

    ReplyDelete