Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My PLN Progress #1

I had no idea where to go with this. I am an avid Facebook user, and I thought I would start there, but I decided that I didn't really grasp the concept of Twitter. I thought maybe I should change directions and start there - maybe it would help me learn more about how to successfully use Twitter. After reading information that Dr. Strange provided us and watching several videos/podcasts about establishing a PLN, I started exploring a few different areas. I decided to being building by researching people in the History field of teaching and those involved in Technology. I found that Beth Still offers a huge avenue of teachers and programs that can help build our PLN. I have started following numerous suggestions that I found on her website. I have also included professors at the The University of Alabama and The University of South Alabama - some I have taken classes from and some I have not. Teachers from my high school, Virgil I. Grissom High School, Murphy High School, Alma Bryant High School, Shades Valley High School are all represented in my PLN - these schools are very important to me, because I either went to school there or taught there. I am going to use my Twitter account to keep up with the people that are a part of my PLN. I know I will never stop adding to my PLN, but my next step is to create lists in my account that will allow me to easily follow my PLN and get the most from it. WE ARE LIFE-LONG LEARNERS!

L.A.'sSymbaloo

Shouldn't this blog be part of our PLN?


Developing a PLN

No comments:

Post a Comment